The Field Spaniel Society
We welcome comments or suggestions about the Web Site. Please forward to the webmaster using the email link below
Copyright © 2018 - Field Spaniel Society. All Rights Reserved. Material may be copied from this website for personal use only & must not be reproduced or published without the written permission of the FSS
Code of Ethics for ALL Field Spaniel Owners
1) Will properly house, feed, water and exercise all dogs under their care and arrange for appropriate veterinary attention if and when required.
2) Will agree without reservation that any veterinary surgeon performing an operation on any of their dogs which alters the natural conformation of the animal, or who carries out a caesarean section on a bitch, may report such operation to the Kennel Club.
3) Will agree that no healthy puppy will be culled. Puppies which may not conform to the Breed Standard should be placed in suitable homes.
4) Will abide by all aspects of the Animal Welfare Act.
5) Will not create demand for, nor supply, puppies that have been docked illegally.
6) Will agree not to breed from a dog or bitch which could be in any way harmful to the dog or to the breed.
7) Will not allow any of their dogs to roam at large or to cause a nuisance to neighbours or those carrying out official duties.
8) Will ensure that their dogs wear properly tagged collars and will be kept leashed or under effective control when away from home.
9) Will clean up after their dogs in public places or anywhere their dogs are being exhibited.
10) Will only sell dogs where there is a reasonable expectation of a happy and healthy life and will help with the re-homing of a dog if the initial circumstances change.
11) Will supply written details of all dietary requirements and give guidance concerning responsible ownership when placing dogs in a new home.
12) Will ensure that all relevant Kennel Club documents are provided to the new owner when selling or transferring a dog, and will agree, in writing, to forward any relevant documents at the earliest opportunity, if not immediately available.
13) Will not sell any dog to commercial dog wholesalers, retail pet dealers or directly or indirectly allow dogs to be given as a prize or donation in a competition of any kind. Will not sell by sale or auction Kennel Club registration certificates as stand alone items (not accompanying a dog).
14) Will not knowingly misrepresent the characteristics of the breed nor falsely advertise dogs nor mislead any person regarding the health or quality of a dog.
15) Any owner breeding from a dog or bitch should ensure that they are as free as possible from any serious hereditary defects or suffering from any acute problem. Stud dog owners should satisfy themselves as to the suitability of the bitches and the circumstances of the person breeding the litter. No stud dog to be used under the age of twelve months. All Field Spaniels used for breeding are encouraged to have regular eye tests, heart tests and their hips scored. No bitches should be bred from until at least 18 months of age or at the second season and should not normally be bred from more than once a year. No bitch should produce more than four litters. At all times the improvement of the breeding stock must be the primary consideration.
16) No puppies will be sold or placed under the age of 8 weeks.
17) Breeders will ensure that owners receive all documents including KC Registration documents, a completed pedigree, a satisfactory diet sheet, complete details of any wormings, inoculations and microchipping, and a copy of the Field Spaniel Code of Ethics. Also dogs placed for reasons of not conforming to Breed Standard should still be homed with a Breeders pedigree and all other documentation stated
18) Puppies sold on breeding terms, a breeding term of contract should be endorsed by the Kennel Club
19) Members should give very serious consideration before proposing or seconding anyone for membership of the Field Spaniel Society
The Code of Ethics is devised in accordance with the aims and objectives of the Field Spaniel Society
Breach of these provisions may result in expulsion from club membership, and/or disciplinary action by the Kennel Club and/or reporting to the relevant authorities for legal action, as appropriate.
KC/GJ March 2011
All members of the Field Spaniel Society undertake to abide by its general Code of Ethics.
|Introduction to the Field Spaniel|
|KC Website Breed Information|
|Illustrated Breed Standard|
|Prospective Puppy Owners Guide|
|Officers and Committee|
|Code of Ethics|
|Year Book Details|
|Judges Forms & Judges Lists|
|A1 & A3 Judges List Criteria|
|B List Criteria|
|C List Criteria|
|A1 Judges List|
|A3 Judges List|
|B Judges List|
|C Judges List|
|Annual Points Trophy Winners|
|Show Calendars 2011 to 2020|
|Show Calendars 1999 to 2010|
|Show Calendar 2020|
|Show Calendar 2019|
|Show Calendar 2018|
|Show Calendar 2017|
|Show Calendar 2016|
|Show Calendar 2015|
|Show Calendar 2014|
|Show Calendar 2013|
|Show Calendar 2012|
|Show Calendar 2011|
|Show Calendar 2010|
|Show Calendar 2009|
|Show Calendar 2008|
|Show Calendar 2007|
|Show Calendar 2006|
|Show Calendar 2005|
|Show Calendar 2004|
|Show Calendar 2003|
|Show Calendar 2002|
|Show Calendar 2001|
|Show Calendar 2000|
|Show Calendar 1999|
|Bitch CC Winners|
|Dog CC Winners|
|2019 CC Winners|
|2018 CC Winners|
|2017 CC Winners|
|2016 CC Winners|
|2015 CC Winners|
|2014 CC winners|
|2013 CC Winners|
|Bitch CC Winners 1923-1950|
|Bitch CC Winners 1951-1984|
|Bitch CC Winners 1985-Ongoing|
|Dog CC Winners 1923-1950|
|Dog CC Winners 1951-1984|
|Dog CC Winners 1985-Ongoing|
|Heart Testing Info|
|Hip Dysplasia Scheme Page|
|Health Seminar 2016|
|Health Seminar 2017|
|Guide to Working a Field Spaniel|
|Working Results 2008 and before|